June has marked a resumption of live get togethers for me. I had lunch with a friend to kick off the month on June 1st, attended a group networking event on the 7th, and had dinner with my sister and cousins last evening. Life is gradually reopening and, If you're like me, you've never been more ready for it. Hugging again feels so good!
Appreciate starting to get together and celebrating life's events
If we've learned anything from the past year of closings, changed plans, and virtual everything - it's how to appreciate starting to get together and celebrating life's events once again. Getting to this point was a challenge. What lessons can we take from the past year as we get ready to celebrate, open up, and carry on?
What lessons can we take from the past year?
- We can plan all we want, but we need to be ready to correct course as our goals or circumstances change.
- Hiring professional advisors can help us avoid emotional decisions and stay on track to achieve our goals.
- Putting the people you love at the center of your strategy is key.
- Practicing gratitude for what you have can help you build on it.
- Celebrate all victories - big and small.